Entertaining outdoors is a welcome event especially if you live in a part of the country where the season of Winter can be long and hard. We personally do reside in such a place, so being outdoors after being cooped up for so long is a very nice respite. Before throwing your next outdoor party, graduation, family reunion or Summer wedding, take a few minutes and add a few small touches to insure that your guests will all be as comfortable as possible. You can start with the following tips:
- Try to keep any food that will be served kept in the shade, and on ice, (especially any foods that can go bad, like dishes made with mayonnaise).
- Arrange seating in the shade or under a canopy or umbrella.
- Place citronella candles or tiki torches around the seating area to help ward off insects. Try to avoid spraying chemicals as they are not only bad for the environment but they can excaberate problems for any guests who may have respiratory problems or allergies.
- Have sunscreen on hand, as this is something some of your guests may need, especially if they have sensitive skin, but may not have thought to have brought with them.
- Light all paths to insure easy travel.
- Advise your female guests to wear flat shoes, if possible, so that they do not have to contend with uneven ground or their heels getting stuck in the grass.
- Keep music at a good volume, so that your guests will not have to shout over it.
- Have water freely accessible in the event that anyone may become overheated.
- Lastly have a backup plan in case of inclement weather.
Most of all enjoy your event. What can be better than being outdoors in the nice weather with friends and family?
A cheap and fun way to add the soft touch of candle light to your next party or get together is to paint a few clay pots (the same type of pots used for plants) any color that you might be used in your theme, and then paint a metallic color on the inside, which helps reflect the candles glow. After they have completely dried, fill with sand (great for an outdoor beach weddings or destination theme weddings) and place a tea light in the center. Set the pots around the main area that guests will gather (being careful to keep them out of the reach of children and animals) and there you have it! Simple yet attractive and inexpensive lighting, great for outdoor parties or even indoor affairs.
Gather a few bottomless hurricane lamps and fill the inside with holiday lights. Place them close to an electrical outlet or sometimes you can even find lights that are operated by batteries. Group these together on a small table or picnic table and you instantly have very festive lighting for your next outdoor event! These look absilutley beautiful for outdoor weddings and graduations.
A very simple way to add a festive touch to your outdoor event is to bring out the old holiday lights and hang them outside. Instead of thinking “Christmas lighting” why not attach them around a patio awning, trellis or pergola? This look especially attractive if your holding a wedding ceremony outdoors at dusk or an outdoor evening cocktail party. You could even light pathways into your garden with them to add a nice simple but distinctive touch. Visit us for personalized flower seed packet favors to compliment any event indoors or out, at www.PartyFavorWebsite.com
Not everyones yard will need a clean up before a special outdoor event, but it still doesn’t hurt to take a good look around to see what might benefit from a little sprucing up. Outdoor weddings and garden parties are memorable just by their very nature of being held outside. First decide where you plan on setting up your seating configurations, then set up a folding chair or something similarly portable in nature, and sit down. You’re now at the same eye level that your guests will be. Is there anything that needs a little camouflaging, like say for instance, your recyclable containers or trash cans? Or maybe some overgrown shrubs would benefit from a good trimming. Either way decide what will enhance or detract from your event and then get to work!
Seed packet favors can enhance any outdoor themed event. visit www.PartyFavorWebsite.com to see mor details.
We’re going to be taking a look at prepping for warmer weather outdoor events. After a long cold Winter in some parts of the country, most people can’t wait to get outdoors and holding special events outside is a great way to celebrate any occasion. Even so , like any type of event, preparations need to be considered. So in the next few blogs we’ll go over simple yet effective things that can be done to enhance your special day. See you soon!